Current Affairs 14 Jan
- India is all set under Atmanirbhar Bharat to get a total of 83 fighter and Trainer aircraft. The total cost of the project is Rs 45,696 crore in which the design and development of infrastructure will cost 1202 crore.
- Out of 83, There will be 73 Tejas fighter aircraft and 10 trainer aircraft. The project is based on Atmanirbhar Bharat and all the manufacturing will be done by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL).
- More than 500 MSME companies will be working in co-ordination with HAL for design and manufacturing.
- The Light Combat Aircraft will have operational capabilities like Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radar, Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Missile, Electronic Warfare (EW) Suite, and Air to Air Refuelling (AAR).
- All the maintenance and support will be done by the Indian Air Force.
- The Vice president of India greeted Indian citizens on the eve of Makar Sakranti celebrated all over India. Makar Sakranti is a Hindu festival celebrated in reference to Deity Sun.
- The Sun Transits to Makara and marks the start of longer days and the end of the winter solstice. The festival also signifies end of the inauspicious month of Paush.
- Europe has approved Mealworms as human food. Unlike the name, Mealworms are larvae of Beetle rather than worms.
- Like all Homometabolic insects, mealworms go through 4 stages of life: Egg, Larva, pupa, and adult.
- The Mealworms are rich in fiber, protein, and fat and can be used in curry, dried out to be used in biscuits, pasta, and bread.
- Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) and the National Informatics Center have jointly started a software CollabCAD software.
- CBSE have launched CollabCAD at the senior school level for Class XI and Class XII. The software is used to make 3D drawings and 2D designs.
- Currently, more than 140 schools have started giving teaching this software and to instill concepts of Engineering Graphics.