Current Affairs 4 Jan
Kochi Mangalore Natural Gas Pipe
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to inaugurate Kochi Mangalore Natural gas pipeline on January 5 2021. The event marks the importance of milestone of ‘One Nation One gas Grid’.
- The 450km long pipeline is built by government organization GAIL India, which can transport around 12 million metric standard cubic meters per day.
- The project is designed to carry Liquefied Natural Gas(LNG) from Kochi(Kerela) to Mangalore(Karnataka).
- Laying off the pipeline faced a lot of geographical challenges because of presence of around 100 water bodies in the way. This obstacle was passed by using a special technique called Horizontal Directional Drilling method.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of another hospital in the country, AIIMS Rajkot.
- AIIMS will provide employment opportunities to people of Gujarat, will boost health infrastructure.
- The estimated budget to built AIIMS Rajkot is aroundd 1195 cr and is expected to be complete by 2022. This will be a 750 bed hospital with 125 MBBS seats and 60 nursing seats.
- In order to take Indian healthcare to higher level, PM Narendra Modi has laid foundation of 10 AIIMS across India over last 6 years of which many have started working.
- Union Ministry has approved ethanol distillation capacity in the country.
- This will help to increase the income of farmers as well as the production will include feed stock such as cereal, maize, barley, corn etc.
- TO further benefit the farmers, government is talking to distilleries to produce ethanol from maize and rice stored in FCI.
- Government is targeting 10% ethanol blending by 2022. 15% by 2026 and 20% by 2030.
Scheme for remission of custom duties
- Indian government has decided to remit export duties under Remission of Duties and Taxes on Exported Products (RoDTEP) scheme to boost export.
- The scheme focuses on refunding of central, state and local taxes which were not refunded so far to boost exports.
These are the current affairs of 4 Jan. To know more click here.