Current Affairs 5 Jan
- Indian scientists at CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST) at Pappanamcode Kerela have developed Banana granules which are developed from raw banana.
- The granules can be used in upma or any dietary supplement, or can be used to make banana milk or any other health drink.
- The concept was introduced to use the starch present in banana. which is used to improve gut health.
- So the dishes prepared with banana grits or granules are used to improve gut health and well being.
- In a certain unexplained cause, more than 1400 migratory birds have been found in the Pong Dam area of Kangra district, Himachal Pradesh.
- Wildlife authorities have sent the carcass of birds to High security Animal Disease Laboratory in Bhopal to find out the reason of their death.
- Pong Dam is also known as Beas Dam built on Beas river.
- The bird sanctuary is situated on famous lake.
- The purpose of the dam is for irrigation and power generation.
- Commercial establishments by Karnataka government has been allowed to work round the clock 24*7 for three years till January, 2024 under provisions of the Karnataka Shops and Commercial Establishments Act (1961).
- The labor laws will be enforced and no employee shall work more than 8 hours and in case of overtime just 2 hours are to be permitted.
- The employees are entitled to overtime wages which shall be credited in the bank accounts.
- According to the rules only those establishments who have more 8 or 10 employees can operate 24*7.
- The UK government has abolished the 5% tax on sanitary products also known as Tampon Tax.
- Uk now joins the other countries like India, Australia and Canada to eliminate this tax.
- Scotland was the first country in the world to end the tax on sanitary products. The UK government took this effort to’End Period Poverty’.