Current Affairs 6 Jan
- Shiv Sena has resurfaced it’s long-standing demand of renaming Aurangabad City of Maharashtra as Sambhaji Nagar, in the name of Chhatrapati Sambahji Maharaj, who were son of the Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- Aurangabad was named after the tyrant Aurangzeb in 1610 AD who killed Sambahji Maharaj.
- The matter is in news because congress and Maharashtra Vikas Aghadi are in a war of words over the name change.
2020 Warmest Year
- The year 2020 was the 8th warmest year since 1901. The most warm year was 2016, but the year 2020 was substainally lower than the year 2016. The report has been prepared by India Meteorological Department.
- The past 2 decades have been the warmest with an approx rise in .34 degree celsius. The temp has been rising from past 15 years since 2005.
- The past years that recorded the warmest years are 2016 (0.71 degree C), 2009 (0.55 degree C), 2017 (0.541 degree C), 2010 (0.539 degrees C), and 2015 (0.42 degree C).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of IIM Sambalpur. Which is one of IIM’s in India.
- Sambalpur is a town in Odisha, located on the river banks of Mahanadi. Also Mahanadi Coalfield limited a subsidiary of Coal India Limited is located in Sambalpur.
- The Latest IIM is founded with the idea of future innovation and start-ups of today into MNCs of tomorrow.
School bag Policy
- The Indian Directorate of Education has released a new circular about School Bags prepared by NCERT.
- The circular states that the weight of the school bags should be managed. The weight of the school bag should be 1.6 to 2.2 kg for students of Classes I and II, 1.7 to 2.5 kg for Classes III, IV and V, 2 to 3 kg for Classes VI and VII, 2.5 to 4 kg for Class VIII, 2.5 to 4.5 kg for Classes IX and X and 3.5 to 5 kg for Classes XI and XII.
- The teachers are held responsible to check the weight of the bags every 3 months.
- The step is taken considering the health and well-being of children.