Current Affairs 7 Jan
Indian Rice Exports
- India is the highest exporter of rice in the world and has added to it by exporting their rice to 2nd highest rice producer in the world, Vietnam.
- The Indian prices are very attractive in Vietnam’s 5% broken rice. Vietnam’s rice is sold at 500-505$per tonne whereas Indian rice is sold at a much lower price of 381-387$ per tonne.
- According to a report by the Indian government, In 2020 India exported a record 14 million rice. This is great news for India and will give a lot of benefits to the Indian farmers.
- India has started export of Moringa powder because of it’s rising market demand. India most recently sent 2 tonnes of moringa powder to the USA on 29th December 2020.
- Moringa is also known as a drumstick, horseradish tree, and ben oil tree, or benzolive tree.
- Generally, Moringa is also grown in Central America, South America, Africa, and in Oceania as well.
- Moringa leaf powder, oil is getting in the news because of so many nutritional, medicinal values.
Double Stack Long Haul container
- On January 7, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flaged off double stack long haul container tain of 1.5km for a strectch of 305 km run on electric traction between New Ateli-New Kishangarh.
- This will help Railways to carry 4 times more load in the containers comapred to current situation.
- The design maximises space utilization and point loading.
- Himachal Pradesh have reported bird flu in geese, crows in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and ducks in Kerela. In a report, about 1 lakh poultry birds have been found dead in Haryana.
- Avian influenza or bird flu is contagious and lethal disease which mostly affects chickens and turkey. It spreads very fast among poultry birds and causes low egg prduction ranging to getting severe and lethal.
- In humans, the virus doesn’t spread easily and the virus is sensitive to heat and dies in cooking temperature.