1. China has recently claimed that the Diaoyu islands are Chinese territory and it has all the right to conduct enforcement activities in the area. Current affairs of world.
The Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin denied the criticism of the U.S. of incursions of China. The islands located in the East China sea has also been claimed by Japan for several year. Japan calls the territory as Senkaku and China calls as Diaoyu.
2. As per the newest World Drug Report of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the highest seizure of opium in 2018 was reported from Iran.
It is estimated that around 644 tonnes of opium was seized in Iran, followed by 27 tonnes in Afghanistan and 19 tonnes in Pakistan. India is placed in the fourth place, with 4 tonnes. Moreover, in the list of heroin seizure India was at the 12th position in the world with 1.3 tonnes, which was also topped by Iran.
3. The National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) was established by the Union Government in the year 2000. It works under the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha & Homeopathy (AYUSH).
Recently, NMPB has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICAR-National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources, NBPGR, to conserve Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Genetic Resources. The resources would be conserved in the National Gene bank and or at Regional Stations. Current affairs of world.
4. Minster of United Kingdom Rishi Sunak recently unveiled a dedicated 1.57 billion pounds rescue package for arts, culture and heritage industries.
Under the rescue package, affordable loans are going to be provided to the industries across the country, that employ over 700,000 people. Thousands of organisations including arts and theatres, museums etc will be benefitted.
5. As per the recent announcement from the Indian embassy, a brand new school building built with Indian assistance of Rs 1.94 crore has been inaugurated in Nepal.
The new four-storey building has been built in the premises of the Shri Saptmai Gurukul Sanskrit Vidyalaya school, which was constructed in the year 2009. it’s a prestigious institution which teaches both Vedic and Modern education.
6. The government of Odisha is about to launch a new financial assistance scheme called ‘Balaram Yojana’.
It is a sequel to the ‘KALIA’ scheme, which was launched with an aim to give assistance to small and marginal farmers. In this new scheme, the state government will provide crop loans to 7 lakh landless sharecroppers in the state, through joint liability groups (JLGs) in the next two years.
7. Legendary Italian musician Ennio Morricone has recently died, at the age of 91. He had won two Oscar awards, the most recent being awarded in 2016 for best original score for ‘The Hateful Eight’.
He was considered as one of the world’s most famous and creative music composers. His musical works including ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ and ‘The Mission’ were appreciated by his fans across the globe. He had also won numerous awards including the Golden Globes, Grammys and BAFTAs.
8. India’s leading NBFC and a Public sector Unit (PSU) under Ministry of Power, Power Finance Corporation (PFC) has partnered with Indian Institute of Technology- Kanpur (IIT-K) for Training and Research in Smart Grid Technology
Under the agreement, PFC will provide financial assistance of over Rs 2 Crore to the institution under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative. this is often expected to promote research and Entrepreneurship Development in the field. Current affairs of world.
9. Reliance Industries (RIL) and the UK-based company BP, to start out their new fuel retail and mobility joint venture (JV).
As per the joint statement released by the companies, the newly launched JV company is known as as Reliance BP Mobility (RBML). Moreover, the JV will begin to rebrand RIL fuel retail outlets to Jio-BP. The new company also aims to produce electric vehicle charging facilities.
10. The Union Ministry of India has given approval to (MoU) signed between India and African country Zimbabwe on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of medicine and Homeopathy.
The MoU that was originally signed on November 3, 2018, will mutually benefit the 2 countries in the field of Traditional Medicine including recognition of educational qualifications, provision of scholarships etc. Current affairs of world.