- Indian Railways has recently created a replacement benchmark because it has successfully operated first Double Stack Container Train in electric zone.
The train has been run in high rise Over Head Equipment (OHE) electrified sections, as per the Railway Minister Piyush Goyal. this is often the first-of-its-kind initiative and can also promote the mission of Green India. This operation has been commenced from Palanpur and Botad stations in Gujarat. For more current affairs August. Read more
2.The government of Tripura has recently launched a replacement scheme called ‘Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar’ scheme.
What does this scheme do is ,The scheme aims to combat infant and maternal mortality and malnutrition, by providing nutrition kits to pregnant and lactating women. the govt also announced that pregnant women would be tested fourfold in nearby Primary Health Centers (PHC) and tend a nutrition kit after each test.
3. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment India has launched “Nasha Mukt Bharat: Annual Action Plan (2020-21)”.
The action plan has been launched for 272 Most Affected Districts, on the occasion of “International Day Against drug abuse and Illicit Trafficking”. The Minister of State of Social Justice also released the brand and Tagline for National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction and awareness videos for substance abuse Prevention.
4. The government of Maharashtra has announced an idea named ‘Maha Parwana’, to draw in fresh investments in industries.
what the scheme offers is, the state will offer several incentives and offer a single-window clearance system for project execution. The state cabinet approved that the businesses investing Rs 50 crore or more, aren’t required to get clearances from several departments. For more current affairs August. Read more
5. United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is a United Nations office for Drug Control and Crime Prevention, headquartered at Vienna, Austria.
According to the newest UNODC World Drug Report, about 26.9 crore people used drugs in 2018, which was 30% the 2009 count. the most important share of drug users comprised of adolescents and young adults. Overall opioid users in India is estimated to possess increased five times, as compared to those in 2004.
6. Every year, on June 19, the ‘International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict’ is observed by the United Nations .
The UN General Assembly proclaimed 19 June of every year as this big day since the year 2015, so as to boost awareness to stop conflict-related sexual violence, to honour the victims and survivors of sexual violence. The day also pays tribute to people that have fought against this crime and laid down their lives. On an equivalent day in 2008, the safety Council resolution condemning sexual violence as a tactic of war, was adopted.
7. Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan is launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a Rs 50,000 crore dedicated programme to make job opportunities for many migrant workers who returned home during the lockdown imposed thanks to Covid-19.
It was launched from Telihar village of Bihar’s Khagaria district. The scheme is predicted to run in mission mode for 125 days across 116 districts in six states namely Bihar, Uttar Pradesh , Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Odisha. Twelve different ministries or departments are going to be engaged in implementing the programme. For more current affairs August. Read more
8. The International Cricket Council, ICC has confirmed the interim changes recommended by the cricket committee of the council.
The council chaired by veteran Indian cricketer Anil Kumble has recommended five regulations, which include the ban on the utilization of saliva to shine the ball and allowing home umpires in international series. it’s also decided to permit teams to possess a replacement for players in Test matches, who show Covid-19 symptoms.
9. Ministry of Culture is celebrating International Yoga Day 2020 by organising a campaign titled ‘Namaste Yoga’ from 19th to 21st June, 2020.
Union Minister of State for Culture Prahlad Singh Patel urged everyone to support him for a Surya Namaskar. He also asked them to post their Surya Namaskar videos on social media platforms to make health awareness among all citizens.
10. Mount Merapi is the most volatile volcano located within the country of Indonesia. it had been seen in news, because the mountain spewed ash and hot gas to about 6 kilometers into the sky.
The mountain features a height of 2,968-meter and it’s one among the foremost active of 500 Indonesian volcanoes. it’s been generating dark hot clouds since last year. The last major eruption of the mountain happened in 2010, which killed 353 people. For more current affairs August. Read more