1. According to the new study published within the Astronomical Journal, the researchers have detected the exoplanet HIP 67522 b.
The exoplanet appears to be the youngest hot Jupiter ever found. It also orbits around a well-studied star that’s about 17 million years old. this suggests that the recent Jupiter is merely a couple of million years younger probably. As most known hot Jupiters are quite a billion years old, this is often likely the youngest hot Jupiter. For more current affairs August. Read more
2.The us President Donald Trump has recently suspended H-1B, H-2B, J, L and other temporary work permits.
The suspension are going to be effective till New Year’s Eve , as per the recent announcement from the White House. The President announced that the entry of additional workers through these temporary Visa programs presents a threat to employment opportunities for Americans suffering from the economic damages caused by COVID-19 pandemic.
3. As per the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations , India is that the first country within the world which is controlling Desert Locust through Drones.
Under Make in India initiative started by honorable PM Shri Narendra Modi, Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare (DAC&FW), Agriculture Ministry has indigenously developed a vehicle mounted Ultra-low volume (ULV) sprayer for locust control. After Ministry of Civil Aviation approved conditional exemption for Drone operations for locust control, trials were conducted in Jaipur (Rajasthan) and Shivpuri (Madhya Pradesh).For more current affairs August. Read more
4. The lower house of Nepal parliament, Pratinidhi Sabha passed bill to incorporate India’s territories of Kalapani, Limpiyadhura and Lipulekh in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand in its new map.
Nepal’s upper house of parliament has also endorsed proposal to update its political map that has the Indian territories. However, India has claimed that the updated map isn’t supported historical facts and evidence which the move is violative of the present understanding to carry talks on outstanding boundary issues.
5. The world’s first yoga university outside India has been launched in l. a. , us . it’s been named ‘The Vivekananda Yoga University (VaYU)’.
The University has been jointly launched during a virtual event held at the Consulate General of India in ny , as a part of the 6th International Yoga Day celebrations. the primary Chairman of the University is Indian yoga guru Dr. H R Nagendra. it might offer programmes that combine scientific and research approaches to the Indian practice of yoga.
6. Donald Trump US President signed an act to authorise sanctions against Chinese officials over the mass incarceration of Uighur Muslims and other minorities.
The legislation requires the US administration to work out which Chinese officials are liable for the arbitrary detention, torture and harassment of the minorities. Then, the U.S would freeze any assets held by the officials within the country and would also ban their entry into the U.S. As per some activists, over a million Uighurs and other Turkic Muslims are being homogenised in China. For more current affairs August. Read more
7. The United General Assembly decided to commemorate 4 June of every year because the ‘International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression’.
The objective of the day is to acknowledge the pain of the youngsters across the planet who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse. UN had also ratified the Convention on the Rights of the kid . Moreover, the target 16.2 of the UN’s 2030 SDG agenda seeks to finish all sorts of violence against children.
8. As per the recent notification of the Federal Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the exchange reserves raised USD 3.43 billion to an all-time high of USD 493.48 billion.
The reserves announced were recorded within the week ended May 29, 2020. within the previous week, the forex reserves had raised to USD 490.44 billion. foreign currency assets of country increased to USD 455.21 billion; gold reserves at 32.682 billion and India’s reserve position with the IMF at USD 4.16 billion.
9. The flagship programme of the Sports Ministry has partnered with the Department of faculty Education and Literacy of the HRD Ministry to launch a series of special film to market 10 indigenous sports of India.
The programme is to be implemented under the Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat initiative, which aims to sensitise the kids about the cultural heritage of the state. The series of film also will create awareness among children about the heritage of the states to which the sports belong.
10. The Union Cabinet has recently approved an ordinance to bring Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs) and multi-state cooperative banks (MSCBs) under the supervision of the Federal Reserve Bank of India.
As on date, there are nearly 1,540 UCBs and MSCBs in India with deposits of nearly ₹5 lakh-crore. In February, the ministry had approved an amendment to the Banking Regulation Act to strengthen cooperative banks, after the PMC Bank crisis. This step is predicted to guard the depositors of the cooperative banks. For more current affairs August. Read more