1. The Central Industrial security force (CISF) took over the security at the strategic Leh airport from local Police.
The Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport is one of the country’s highest-altitude commercial aerodromes. it’s also the 64th civil airport to be brought under the protection cover of the CISF. Around 185 CISF personnel will provide round-the-clock armed security in the airport. Current affairs for IBPS.
2. The Federal Reserve Bank of India has constituted an expert group on Debt resolution under the chairmanship of KV Kamath.
The committee would recommend to the RBI on the financial parameters and their sector-specific benchmark ranges, for deploying in Debt resolution plans. RBI will provide a window under the ‘Prudential Framework on Resolution of Stressed Assets’.
3. The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), an organisation under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
The MoU seeks to line up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for using AI in decision making and Advance Data Management System for Highways. IIT Delhi will develop simulation models in this regard and supply space and infrastructural facility for the CoE. Current affairs for IBPS.
4. Pulitzer Prize-winning fiction writer, Shirley Ann Grau has recently died at the age of 91. She was born in New Orleans and was brought up on Alabama.
All her six novels and 4 story collections were set in the southern states of the u. s.. She won the prestigious Pulitzer Prize for her fourth book titled ‘The Keepers of the House’ in the year 1965. Her first book was ‘The Black Prince and Other Stories’.
5. The San Giorgio Bridge, that has been found in news, was inaugurated in Genoa, one among the largest cities in Italy.
Designed by the world-famous architect Renzo Piano, the bridge is the replacement for the Morandi Bridge that collapsed during a storm two years ago in Italy. The 1,100-metre-long motorway bridge was inaugurated by the Italian prime minister. Current affairs for IBPS.
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to inaugurate the ‘Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra’, an interactive experience centre on the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM).
It was first announced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in year 2017, on the occasion of the centenary celebrations of Gandhiji’s Champaran Satyagraha. The Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra complex comprises of audio-visual show explaining the journey of the country in implementing the SBM.
7. As per the recent notification of the Department of Economic Affairs, Girish Chandra Murmu has been appointed as the next Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
G C Murmu was the previous lieutenant governor of Jammu & Kashmir. He was replaced by Manoj Sinha. The 60-year-old Indian Administrative Service Officer has replaced the previous Comptroller and Auditor General of India, Rajiv Mehrishi.
8. The ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge’ was launched on the Innovate platform of MyGov.
It received entries from around 7000 entries from entrepreneurs and start-ups in 9 different categories including Business, e-Learning, Work from Home etc. Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, MEITY Start-up Hub and National e Governance Division also collaborated during this regard. 24 applications were named the winners of the challenge. Current affairs for IBPS.
9. In the recently held Parliamentary Elections of Sri Lanka , the Sri Lanka People’s Freedom Alliance led by the ruling party has secured a landslide victory.
The Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) has secured around 60% of the whole votes polled and a two-thirds majority. Mahinda Rajapaksa is to be sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Sri Lanka and he’s the elder brother of the Sri Lankan President, Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
10. The Western Railway Zone of the Indian Railways is about to run a parcel train from Ahmedabad division in Gujarat to Bangladesh.
The train will depart the Kankariya Goods shed of Ahmedabad division after having loaded with denim and dyes. Earlier, the Western Railway zone had sent a goods train with onions to Bangladesh. this is expected to get an approximate revenue of about Rs. 31 lakhs.