- Every year 30th of August is observed by the United Nations as “International Day for Victims of Enforced Disappearances”. Current Affairs of India
On 21 December 2010, the United Nations adopted a resolution in this regard. Victims of enforced disappearance are those who are deprived of all their rights and liberties and are at the mercy of their captors.
- The CSIR’s Central mechanical engineering Research Institute (CMERI) has developed the world’s largest ‘solar tree’, it’s installed at the CSIR residential complex, Durgapur in West Bengal .
The solar tree is ergonomically designed to make sure maximum solar exposure of every solar photovoltaic panel. The tree has an annual capacity to generate 12,000-14,000 units of Power. there’s a total of 35 Solar photovoltaic panels in each tree.
- Indian Economy has contracted by 23.9% in the Q1 of FY 2020-21 compared to the same quarter of previous FY. this is supposed to be the worst performance since quarterly measurement began in 1996.
The prime reason for economic slowdown and contraction is the COVID 19 pandemic and the nationwide lockdown that followed it.
- According to a survey by World Health Organization (WHO), countries have witnessed disruptions in at least half the 25 kinds of health services, due to Covid-19 pandemic.
Immunisation services were the most affected while diagnosis and treatment of non-communicable diseases (NCD) was the second-most impacted. The report states that 94% of the countries in survey concentrated their efforts only on tackling Covid-19. Current Affairs of India
- Qatar has announced major changes in its labour laws and policies. The country has announced to raise the minimum wage by 25 you’ve got to 1,000 riyals per month.
The country has also scrapped the requirement for workers to get permission from their employers to change jobs. As Qatar is the host of FIFA World Cup 2022, it’s been under the spotlight. Current Affairs of India