1. Unnat Bharat Abhiyan-Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (UBA-IITD) and Vijnana Bharti (VIBHA), New Delhi.
The objective of the MoU Memorendum Of Understanding is to provide joint action in the area of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) for rural development of India. UBA is a flagship program of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) by connecting academic institutions with local communities. Current Affairs of World
2. China is celebrating the completion of its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System BDS, which is seen as a competitor to the U.S. Global Positioning System.
After the 55th and final satellite that was launched last month started operating, the Chinese President Xi Jinping formally commissioned the system. The satellite is a a part of the third sequence of the BeiDou system.
3. The European Union has imposed its first-ever sanctions over cyber attacks, on alleged agents, spies and firms of Russia, China and North Korea .
Six people and three groups which have been hit with sanctions also include the GRU military intelligence of Russia. The agency was earlier blamed by the european Union for the 2017 WannaCry ransomware and NotPetya malware attacks and a cyber espionage campaign. Current Affairs of World
4. India’s largest private shipping company, Great Eastern company has named former Federal Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel as an additional and Independent director.
The Mumbai headquartered company has named him for a term of 5 years with effect from August 1, 2020. Urjit Patel served as the 24th governor of the RBI from September 2016 to December 2018.
5. Veteran bureaucrat Rajesh Bhushan has recently assumed charge as the Union Health Secretary. He will succeed the previous Health Secretary Preeti Sudan.
Preeti Sudan superannuated and she was given a three-month extension in April. Rajesh Bhushan is a 1987 batch Bihar cadre IAS officer. He has been serving as an official on Special Duty in the Ministry of Health from April.
6. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy launched a cybercrime awareness programme E-Rakshabandhan.
It is a first-of-its-kind virtual programme of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and also the State Police. The one-month-long programme aims to spread awareness among the general public , especially women, youth and youngsters in cyberspace.
7. Rajya Sabha member Amar Singh has recently died at the age of 64. He was undergoing treatment in hospital for the past few months.
Several political leaders condoled the death of Amar Singh. He was a businessman turned Politician who had acquaintances in all major parties. He was active in his social media account even during last week. Current Affairs of World
8. India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant is being manufactured at the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) in Cochin. The manufacturing of the carrier is currently under the third phase and it’s expected to be commissioned by early 2021.
The Directorate of Naval Design of the Indian Navy has created the fundamental design of the indigenous carrier . The plan was subsequently developed by the Cochin Shipyard Limited. The 40000-tonne aircraft with the MiG-29K aircraft fleet are going to be fully operational by 2022.
9. Amazon recently acquired Self-driving Car start-up firm Zoox, in a deal worth over USD 1 billion.
Zoox is an American company, which employs over 1000 persons and was also developing an electrical self-driving vehicle. As per sources, this is Amazon’s biggest investment thus far in self-driving car technology. this is also one among its biggest purchases ever. The technology is anticipated to be deployed in automated delivery projects of Amazon.
10. Elyes Fakhfakh, the Prime Minister of the North African country Tunisia, has recently submitted his resignation.
Earlier, there was an allegation that the Prime Minister holds a stake in a waste processing company that won government contracts worth 15 million euro. Investigations are being administered in this case. Current Affairs of World