- India’s leading private sector lender ICICI Bank has launched a virtual property exhibition called ‘Home Utsav’. Realty projects promoted by renowned developers across important cities of the country would be showcased in the exhibition. Currrent Affairs of the world
The Bank has also offered special concession in interest rates, processing fee along with facility of digital sanction of loans to its customers who are buying properties through the exhibition. Currrent Affairs of the world
- Japan has extended an emergency loan support of fifty billion Japanese Yen (Rs 3500 crore) to India for its response to Covid-19 pandemic.
This support will be in the form of a 15-year loan at 0.01% rate of interest. The loan will support the health and medical policy of Indian Government and would be used to develop hospitals equipped with ICUs, infection prevention and management facilities.
- The Supreme Court of India has allowed a period of 10 years to telecom companies like Vodafone Idea, Bharti Airtel and Tata Tele-services to pay their remaining Adjusted gross revenue (AGR) dues to the govt .
The top court also held that 10 % of the the total dues to be paid before March 31, 2021. The judgment was pronounced by a bench headed by Justice Arun Mishra.
- Former Finance Secretary, Rajiv Kumar has taken charge as the new Election Commissioner (EC) of India.
Rajiv Kumar is a 1984 batch Indian Administrative Service Officer and has served in various capacities at Ministries in the Centre and his state cadre of Bihar/Jharkhand. He retired as Finance Secretary, in February 2020, after which he was appointed as the Chairman Public Enterprises Selection Board. Currrent Affairs of the world
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic has won the Western & Southern Open tennis tournament against Milos Raonic, at New York. This victory is his 35th Masters title in USA.
With this victory, Djokovic has created history by becoming the only male tennis player to win every Masters event twice. The opponent Milos Raonic is from Canada and currently ranked at No. 30.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs August 7
- Current Affairs August 8
- Current affairs August 9
- Current Affairs August 10
- Current affairs August 13
- Current Affairs August 14
- Current Affairs August 15
- Current Affairs August 16
- Current affairs August 17
- Current Affairs August 18
- Current Affairs August 23
- Current Affairs August 24
- Current Affairs August 25
- Current Affairs August 26