Are you a government job aspirant? Are you confused about how to apply?
There is a lot of confusion while filling up the application forms of government jobs.
Candidates are overwhelmed due to loads of wrong information. A little mistake in the application process can ruin all your hard work. Because if you made a mistake in the application process then the admit card will not be issued and you cannot appear for the exam. Then you have to wait for another year to give that exam.
Here we have shared the whole procedure of how to apply for government jobs.
There are different types of government jobs like UPSC, SSC, RRB, IBPS, and PSU.
UPSC and SSC has the same websites. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has a different website. So as IBPS.
Every portal is different from others. Therefore, you have to be very cautious while applying.
There are some pre-requisites before How to apply for Government jobs-
Most of the job applications nowadays are to be done online. Therefore, the most important thing is you must have a valid email id. Future notifications will come directly into your mailbox. Not only that you will get notifications every time for new jobs.
Valid phone number
Having a valid phone number is also very important because while applying, OTP will come in that number. In the future, you will notify by that number as well.
You have to have a bank account for online payment of exam fees. Some exams like RRB offers refund of fee if you appear for the exam. So, for that purpose you need bank account.
Scanned signature and photo
Scanned copy of a clear, recent passport size photo, and your signature is a must-have. Some portals like SSC require a handwritten disclaimer. Therefore, you need to have a scanned copy of your own handwritten disclaimer ready before applying.
Added to this you need some documents about How to apply for Government jobs-
- Identity proof- A voter id card, Aadhar Card, or pan card is your identity proof. Make sure you have one of them.
- Caste certificate- If you belong to any special caste like SC, ST, OBC, you must have a certificate issued by an actual authority as a proof.
- Age proof- You must have your birth certificate as your age proof. If you do not have, then you can use your 10th school-leaving certificate or 10th exam admit card as your age proof.
- Educational Certificates- Keep you are all 10th, 12th, graduation, post-graduation (if required) certificates ready before applying.
- Disability proof- If you are physically disabled in some way or the other; you must have a disability certificate issued by an appropriate authority. If you have any disability and you have the certificate, you are eligible for some benefits in the selection process.
- Ex-serviceman- In case you are an ex-serviceman candidate you must have the discharge letter along with your pension document as proof.
- Special Quota certificate- If you are applying under any special quota like sports, you have to have a sports quota certificate.
There are two methods of How to apply for Government jobs-
- Online method
- Offline method
Nowadays the online method is mostly used because of its convenience. The online method is less time consuming than the offline method so try to apply online.
Step 1– Go to the official website and find the application pdf and download that.
Step 2- Read all the instructions and minutely see the eligibility criteria for that exam. One exam consists of various posts. Various posts have various eligibility. You have to choose as per your interest and eligibility.
Step 3- Register you in the portal by email id and/or mobile number.
Step 4- Start filing the form. Fill every necessary box very consciously.
- Choose your categories, exam centers very carefully.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature.
- Make sure the photograph is in the required format like JPG, JPEG, etc.
Step 5- After filling the form you have to pay the exam fee where required.
- For that, you have to put your mode of payment.
- You can pay online and offline as well.
- For online payment, a payment gateway will open and you have to use your net banking or credit or debit card to make the payment.
- After payment, your application process is done. Print the application status page for future use.
- For offline payment, you have to download the bank draft. Then you have to go to the bank and submit your fee. Another way is the postal service. You have to submit your fee via the post office.
- Some government jobs still use the traditional method of applying i.e. the offline method.
- In the offline method, you have to download the application form first.
- Fill up the form by yourself and do not overwrite.
- Then you have to make payment through bank or post office.
- Most of the students have a bad habit of doing things at the last minute. Never do that. Always fill the form before the last date to avoid the server issue. Many times portal server downs because so many students trying to fill the form at the same time.
- The best time to fill the application is either midnight or early morning. At those times server works well and you can complete the whole application process very smoothly.
- It will be good if you use a desktop or a laptop for applying. Because most of the job applying portals are not mobile-friendly.
If you use your phone to apply you may find technical problems and can find a way about how to apply for govt jobs
It is advisable that, always use the official website for the application process. Be aware of fake websites. We are providing some of the links of official websites for your convenience after this conclusion.
Keep checking your mailbox and spam boxes for updates regarding job notifications. Visit the websites from time to time to update yourself about your dream job.
We have covered all the pints about the application process. This will definitely help you in applying for government jobs.
Some important links-
Official website of IBPS (banking)- https://ibps.in/
Official website of SSC –https://ssc.nic.in/
Official website of railway (RRB)- http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/