What is CMAT?
Common Management Admission Test or CMAT is an aptitude test conducted by National Testing Agency(NTA) once an year just like CAT. CMAT opens the admission door to 1005 management institutes of India. The exam is conducted in online mode with duration of exam of 3 hours. The CMAT exam consists of 4 sections with 100 questions consisting of 400 marks from Quantitative Testing & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness.
CMAT Exam Date
This year the registration for CMAT has started from 23 December, 2020 and will continue till 22 January 2021. The exam will be conducted on 22-Feb-2021 and 27-Feb-2021. Exam can be given in 2 slots morning and evening depending on the choice of the candidate over 105 centers.
CMAT Eligibility and Fee
- Candidates appearing for CMAT exam should have completed graduation in any field from a recognized university.
- Final year graduate students can also appear for the exam but should be able to present degree at the time of interview.
- The fee for exam is 1600 INR for males and 1000 INR for females, 1000 INR for transgenders and for SC/ST males fee is 800 INR and for SC/ST females it is 700 INR.
CMAT Registration Process
The process of registration of form is online and can be filled on official website of NTA. Candidates need to fill the form and submit the fee by 23 January 2021 to appear for the exam. The registrations for CMAT exam have started from 23 December 2021.
CMAT Exam Pattern
CMAT is an online exam which doesn’t have sectional time limit and most importantly there is no negative marking. The exam is conducted over a span of 3 hours in which 100 questions for 400 marks are asked from Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness.
Here is the detailed analysis of the Exam Pattern:
How to prepare for CMAT
The preparation for CMAT must start at least 5 months prior the exam. The exam is in the range of average to moderate difficulty. You need to practice a lot and increase your speed because the exam is of lengthy nature. The questions asked will be lengthy and will consume some extra time.
- You should practice a lot of mock tests.
- Daily revision and reading of current affairs in mandatory.
- Always analyse your growth and rectify them as soon as possible.
These are few tricks on how to prepare for CMAT.
Top colleges under CMAT
Although there are a total of 1000 colleges that take CMAT score but the top colleges that take CMAT score are:
These are the details of CMAT Exam. If any query please write in comment box.