How to prepare for MBA
How to prepare for MBA: This is the most common question every CAT aspirant asks. But What is an MBA ?
MBA stands for Master In Business Administration. But MBA can be done by anyone.? The answer to this is yes. Anyone but one who holds medical degree. MBA can be done if you have done BA, Bsc, Btech etc. But it can’t be done if you have done MBBS. It’s always a struggle to get into the best mba colleges in India. Because the amount of syllabus to be covered is huge. Although not very tough but the syllabus is very vast.
The Admission in an MBA is a very tedious task and takes almost an year. To indulge in studies, to appear for exam and wait appear for interviews.
Preparing for MBA gets easy if you have answered these questions to yourself:
- How to want to prepare by joining a coaching center or by self studies
- Before indulging yourself, ask why you want to join?
- Are you ready for the upcoming challenges
- Which Top IIM in India are you targetting
- Which is your target college
- Do you have a Plan B
If you have answered these questions to yourself then you are ready to go.
MBA ENTRANCE EXAM
To get into a good management college you need to give an entrance exam. There are numerous entrance exams in India. Depending on the difficulty, pattern of exam and the choice of college. Following are the entrance exams:
- CAT(Common Aptitude test) is the most common entrance exam for MBA. Almost 8 lakh students appear for CAT every year. CAT open gates for almost all the premier institutes of India. All the 20 IIMs and various top colleges in India comes under CAT.
- CMAT(Common Management Aptitude Test) is another entrance test. This test is conducted by colleges that comes under AICTE and UGC.
- MAT(Management Aptitude Test) is entrance exam that takes place 4 times an year. But this entrance exam is for Tier-2 and Tier-3 Colleges.
- SNAP(Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) is exclusively taken by Symbiosis and the colleges under it. But is taken once a year.
- XAT(Xavier Aptitude Test) is conducted by Xavier Institutes. Which are situated in Jamshedpur and Bhubaneshwar.
- NMAT(Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) is conducted by Narsee Monjee is conducted once a year. But NMAT have there own exam pattern. And can be attempted 3 times in matter of 30 days. The best of 3 counts.
Syllabus for each entrance exam is almost the same.
Hope you find this article helpful. But to get the Mock tests and previous year exams. click the main CAT section.