- Former Taiwan President Lee Teng-hui has recently died at the age of 97, after having suffered from Pneumonia.
After a landslide victory, Lee Teng-hui served as the first democratically elected president of Taiwan in year 1996. He resisted China’s activities to adjust the country and wanted Taiwan to be a ‘country of democracy, freedom, human rights and dignity’. Latest current affairs of india
- FinTech company MobiKwik launched a UPI payment link service, mpay.me, that permits users to send and receive money from any UPI payment app.
Through the new service, users and merchants can create a mini personal payment gateways with their mobile number and share them. With the link, users can send and receive money through any UPI app. This service works on mobile also as computer.
- The former Defence Minister of the African country Ivory Coast Hamed Bakayoko, has been recently named as Prime Minister of the country.
Earlier, the previous Prime Minister Amadou Gon Coulibaly died suddenly on July 8 and Hamed Bakayoko has been serving because the acting Prime Minister. The 55-year old leader has been serving as the Defence Minister since 2017 after serving as the Interior Minister since 2011.
- Ciro Immobile is an Italian professional footballer who plays for the football club Lazio and also the national team of Italy.
Ciro Immobile was seen in news, as he has won the domestic Golden Boot and prestigious European Golden Shoe award. in a recent match, he matched Gonzalo Higuain’s record of 36 goals in a single season. The striker had a record 14 penalties out of the overall goals. Latest current affairs of india
- Ministry of Housing and urban Affairs implements the PM SVANidhi Scheme. it had been launched in June 2020, to supply affordable capital loan to Street vendors to resume their livelihoods.
Recently, the Ministry has launched Letter of recommendation (LoR) module for the scheme. It enables the vendors who don’t possess identity card (ID) and Certificate of Vending (CoV), to avail benefits under the scheme. For l