What is CAT Exam Pattern
The CAT Exam Pattern has changed a lot of times in the past. The syllabus, total marks, duration and total questions have not changed. Knowing the pattern is must. Because that will help you to make a strategy. But even before going through syllabus one must go through the pattern.
The CAT pattern for 2020 is same as that of CAT 2019. This will help them get acquainted and prepare properly.
The CAT is one of the most competitive exam. Because it can be applied by any graduate so defining a syllabus is very difficult. The syllabus for CAT exam can be found here. The competition is huge so you have to be very careful before you take up the exam.
Below mentioned is the CAT pattern for 2019:
As said above. There is no specific syllabus for CAT. Thus the candidates get very confused when the pattern changes all of a sudden.
The major change that was noticed in the CAT exam was in 2015, when the new format of (Type in the answer) was introduced. Which means that candidates now have to solve both MCQ’s and Non MCQs. Since the changes were made, 2016 followed the same pattern. And thereafter 2017 and 2018. Likewise 2020 is also expected to have pattern of 2019.
An expected detailed sectional pattern is given below:
The detailed questions and the topics that a candidate come across are covered under CAT syllabus.
Other Important details for CAT Exam Pattern
- Exam will be conducted in two shifts morning and evening.
- The Exam is totally computer based.
- Candidate will not have the option to switch between the sections.
- An on screen or non scientific calculator is provided. And no other electronic device is allowed to be carried.
- An on screen timer is always available on the bottom of the screen. And sometimes you are not allowed to carry a watch as well.
- There will be negative marking as well as mentioned above.
These are the details of the exam pattern and the syllabus that you have to face in the exam. So buckle up your shoes and start preparing for the exam. Because you need a lot of patience and dedication. You can take up Mock Tests to judge your knowledge.